viernes, 19 de julio de 2013

Screaming Eagles Strike!





Another afternoon of FoW at Dominaria Shop. Salva (101st airborne) played against me (grenadierkompanie).

We played a Surrounded Mission with 805 points. Salva had 2 parachute rifle platoons, 1 81mm mortar platoon and a 3 Stuarts platoon. I had 3 grenadier platoons (one upgraded to pioneer with a supply wagon), an anti-tank 7.5cm Pak40 guns platoon and a 15cm guns artillery battery).

Salva only losses two Stuarts in his right side of the board under anti-tank gun fire, and destroyed all the guns of my artillery battery, which do nothing in the game. His mortars pinned down my central platoons every turn, until they fired smoke bombardment to cover the assault from his infantry platoon of the left side. They were withdrawed by defensive fire, but the smoke covered them well in my turn. The airborne dug in opposite my grenadier platoons and I decide to assault them, as they were pinned and I´ve overhelming numbers, being two of my platoon next to them.

But in my first assault he kills all my grenadiers, including the company C-in-C, and in the second assault I fail my counterattack roll. He took advantage of the two consolidation moves to be 10cm of one of the objectives, now undefended. I only trusted he failed then the platoon morale check, after throwing with success 4 motivation tests to counterattack in the assaults. But the luck was not at my side (I failed more than 80% of my skill tests to hit in the assaults), and... Salva wins! 6-1 for the U.S. airborne troops.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario